Wednesday afternoon on the drive home….Ayden was terribly hungry; maybe he didn’t like what they had for lunch at school that day. Here I was searching the truck over trying to find him a “snack”. The only thing I managed to scrounge up was an old pack of crumbly poptarts that had been in my vehicle for who knows how long. If you know Ayden, you know that he LOVES poptarts (but typically only of the chocolate variety). Much to my dismay when I open the package there were cherry poptarts in it. So I cringed and handed the package to Ayden. All the while I am thinking this is not going to go over well…… He takes the package and peeks at the now exposed cherry poptarts. Gratefully he says, “Mommy, I like strawberry poptarts”. Oh boy, I got lucky! Who am I to tell him they are cherry? Anyways, then comes the kicker question….
Ayden --”Mommy, are poptarts healtfee (this is not a typo) food?”
Me – “Well, buddy they are not very healthy.”
Ayden – “But Mommy…..why are they not healtfee?”
Me – “They have lots of sugar in them.”
Ayden – “Mommy, that is not right. Dey have strawberries, so dey are healtfee.”
They have been discussing eating healthy at school…and we brush our teeth to get rid of the sugar bugs. Therefore, who am I to argue with my professional nutritionist? Strawberries are strawberries, right? (Even though it was cherry…OOPS!)
Oh, and did you know that when you eat all your carrots your eyes will glow in the dark?!

1 comment:
I like pop tarts..and I think that they are healthy..( I can't spell the other healthy)..well better than some other things!!
Were the pop tarts being parachuted??
Love y'as Grt Grnds
Post a Comment