….every morning and afternoon Ayden and I discuss the days of the week. Apparently, they sing a song at school to the Addams Family tune (days of the week…click, click…days of the week…click, click…days of the week days of the week days of the week…click, click). Anywho….this is similar to conversations we have two, no three, no four, (oh, I give up) numerous times during the course of the day.
Ayden – Mommy, is today show and tell?
Me – No, Ayden…today is Wednesday…and show and tell is on Friday.
Ayden – Today is Wednesday?
Me – Yes!
Ayden – What is the day after today?
Me – Today is Wednesday, so tomorrow is Thursday.
Ayden – What is the day after Thursday?
Me – After Thursday, it will be Friday.
Ayden – And Friday is show and tell?
Me – Yes!
Ayden – Well, what is the day after Friday?
Me – The day after Friday is Saturday.
Ayden – On Saturday, I don’t have to go to school?
Me – Nope, no school for Saturday or Sunday.
Ayden – So…Sunday is after Saturday?
Me – Yes!
Ayden – And after Sunday is?
Me – Monday
Ayden – On Monday, I have to go to school?
Me – Yes!
Ayden – Well, what is after Monday?
Me – After Monday is Tuesday.
Ayden – What is after Tuesday?
Me – (by now I am getting exasperated) Wednesday.
Ayden – Oh, OK! But, on Friday it is show and tell.
Me – Yes!
Can you tell what day of the week he looks forward to?
1 comment:
WOW, am I ever behind!!!
His show and tell is all of the family time to help him grow up with security. Nice dive into the water!!!
love y'as Grt Grnds
Post a Comment