Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Frogs....



excerpt from Frogs (Ayden's homework reading).....



"as the frogs wake up from hibernation they begin to mate and swim in nearby ponds."






I cringed a little as we read it, because I knew what was coming......and Ayden did not disappoint. "Mommy, what does mate mean?" Hmmmmmmm, I debated for a few seconds on what to say and here is my story.






"Mate, means that the frogs started having babies. You know, like, Mrs. Amy has a baby in her belly and when Jackson was in Mrs. Megan's belly."






Ayden suddenly exclaims, "But, Mommy.....that is silly! How can frogs get married and have babies? The boy frog would have to ask the girl frog to marry him and buy her a ring. But, the girl frog has no where to wear a ring.....so, that is just funny. Can you see frogs wearing rings, where do they go?"






Shewwwwwwww.......escape from the eventually inevitable for now! Onto, how do frogs wear wedding rings. My days are numbered..........

1 comment:

dorway said...

Well...????

Ha..love Grt Grnds