Friday, November 14, 2008

The Secrets of the Car Wash

Ayden has a new favorite place to go. Ever since MawMaw took him on a day back in October….he is ever ready to go to the car wash. He was so exited about going that Chris even took him one day. Oh, did I forget to mention it was on a rainy day..so truly the trip had no purpose other than pure entertainment value. I am not a big car washing fan, because it only takes two seconds and my truck will look like it did BEFORE. Did I mention I practically live out of my truck? Honestly, there is absolutely no telling what you will find when you are trying to clean out the interior.


Well since I know it is getting close to the holidays, and I will have more people in my truck, I figure I should make the mess as bearable as possible. Words cannot describe the putrid horror of the backseat. A few weeks ago, I thought Ayden had ate all of his chicken nuggets. . WRONG! So I scooped them out of the floor board and the backseat and because something is seriously wrong with me, I smelled them. Yep, chicken nuggets it is! This definitely explains the odor. Somehow, I assumed this would be the worst I would find, but once again I was wrong. Next came lollipop sticks and half-eaten very sticky, melty candy, presumably from trick or treating. OK…I had enough and decided that there had to be a better way to get this process over with. I opened the door and let Max in and, wow, he loved every minute of it….now at least I know there are no more lurking food leftovers.



After that I felt the need to go wash the goop off my fingers, being as I had touched some very gross items. Now, one day I guess I should go remove the remaining mess in the backseat such as; all the newspapers, school art, crayons, toys, hats, juice boxes, wrappers, coats, cups, receipts, barrettes, water bottles, socks, DVDs, and books that have been riding around town with us for weeks or maybe months. And only then, after I consider it fit for human occupancy, would I dare allow my truck to be washed and cleaned by the fellow who rides around town cleaning cars inside and out. The drive-thru car wash will not work for my truck, but I can’t allow my shame to be exposed to strangers either. So for now….I’ll wait….because I actually have to clean my vehicle before I can get it cleaned. Maybe this weekend….no wait, I’m too busy. OK…so next weekend then…..no wait, that is the weekend of the Christmas parade. Hmmm….maybe I should just get up in the middle of the night this week and do it. Nope! Oh well, if you decide to ride with me beware…and don’t wear any fancy clothes because you never know what is lurking in the dark corners of my truck.

1 comment:

dorway said...

Yep, all true!!

Clean heart and spirit though!!

Cute pics....

Love y'all Grt Grnds

Oh yea, one of us is a year older. AND one is about to be!!