Thursday, December 22, 2011

My House at Christmas.....









Hi.

I love all things Christmas.

I especially love Christmas when there is snow on the ground and it actually feels like the Christmas season (which rarely happens here).

But right now, it is mild.

Huh?

I know. My child didn't have a coat on today and I wore flip-flops.


But anyways, the house is decorated and I try to get myself in the mood by playing Christmas tunes and watching Christmas movies.
Even though we don't have a sleigh...or jingle bells...or snow!

My decorating skills are very "un-Martha Stewart-like". I blame it on lack of time, lack of creativity and lack of motivation.
Well.....I like simplicity.


We have one tree that sits in our family room in front of our unused fireplace. It is full of ornaments given to me while growing up, family ornaments that I buy every year and Ayden’s ornaments that I buy for him every year so he can take them with him when he has his own tree.


Basically, it is full of stuff I love.


It also houses the Santa pictures that get taken every year. I plan on forcing him to sit with Santa until he is 27! That isn't weird is it????


It is also full of ornaments my child has made over the years. It makes my heart happy.
I plan on forcing him to make homemade ornaments until he is 32.
Totally not weird, right?

Like I said....I like simplicity and I am a happy girl.


Most of the decor throughout the house is something thrown together quickly that can be interchanged over the years. I like things that are all matchy matchy so I can change it up if I choose without spending a fortune.

I also like using stuff already used in the house to fill with Christmas stuff.

Because I am thrifty. And have minimal time to be creative.
I throw some garland on the mantle with some pretty flowers and shiny balls. I still haven't bought battery operated lights to add to it like I planned in 2006, but I will get to it one year.

Maybe.


More "natural" {and very simple} decorating is scattered throughout the house.

There you have it.

My house during the Christmas season.

Not much clutter.

Not much sparkle.

Not much originality.{Is that a word?}

But I am happy with it.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!! Remember the true reason for the season and all will be well!



1 comment:

dorway said...

The decor is nice, the house is more than comfortable. Even santa would want to visit!! Ayden is wonderful, and Jesus is the reasion for the season and He is marvelous...

Love Grt Grnds