Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Reading and School

So, you know how when your child is small and you can spell things so they don't know what you are saying. I miss that! Now, Ayden is blatently aware of the words and will sound them out until he gets it. This morning in the process of getting ready I started to put his coat on and here is what I hear, "Mommy, I don't want this one....I want the Y-E-L-L-O-W one". Who knew that reading and spelling would begin to takeover my world?! As we drive home...the whole time I hear, "What spells O-R-I-G-I-N-A-L....What spells S-P-O-N-G-E-B-O-B...What spells R-A-D-I-O....". Well, I guess you get the picture.

Momma and I were flipping through a catalog the other day and we spotted a picture of a cow. Well, this was a special cow who passed gas when you squeezed him. In an effort to keep that part a secret, when Ayden asked what that picture said we tryed to avoid answering. However, Ayden quickly recited..."P-O-O-T...poot". "Hey, that cow is pooting!" What next?

However, what is even more disturbing is him answering "fashizzle" in lieu of "yes". Seriously, what five year old talks in the SnoopDog language? Unfortunately, mine! Although, I am not quite sure he gets it completely and I am sure it is something all the other kids are in to....so he is just following suit. On top of all that he is now into the text lingo too ... LOL... OMG... arrrggghhhh!

Oh the joys of kids that learn things (and pass on) from their older brothers and sisters. I am sure that there are more interesting lessons he will learn from all of these kids. I just can't hardly wait!!??

But for now....TTFN (ta ta for now)!!

1 comment:

dorway said...

Wait Mom, it gets worse. Someday you won't be able to break their code. If you do they will get mad at you. And all that you did was to give birth!! LOL!! and this means? Lots of LUCK, Lots of LOVE or Lots of LAUGHS, or maybe Laugh out LOUD. Oh well have fun!!

LUV Grt Grnds