I have an obsessive personality. When I like something, I cannot get enough of it and will obsessively keep it as a part of my daily life.
When I like a certain food, I will eat it every single day for months and months until I get sick of it and move on to something else. I can watch my favorite movies over and over again until I know every single word. I can listen to my favorite song until I make everyone around me miserable.
Photography.
I am obsessed. I have my camera with me at all times. I take thousands of pictures every single year. I constantly search for photography tips and products.
Picture Organization.
Even more of an obsession. I must keep my pictures organized or all of my work just goes unnoticed and wasted.
Since becoming obsessed with this, I am realizing that I am in the minority. Everyone takes pictures, but rarely do they do anything with them.
Nothing irks me more than knowing that people take pictures, upload them to their computer and then forget about them. Pictures are meant to be shared! When I hear of someone whose computer died and took thousands of unsaved pictures with it, I just want to shake them and ask, "WHYYYY?????".
Baby pictures
wedding pictures
family celebrations
special moments
GONE.
That makes me want to cry actually.
There was a reason you took that picture. It was a moment you want remembered or shared. Uploading it to your computer is only the first step to keeping that picture.
If it just stays in a file on your computer, it will get lost, forgotten and eventually deleted forever.
And I don't want that to happen.
Please preserve your memories!

1 comment:
Memories!! No matter good or bad pictures preserve them...to be shared or just set, look, remember.
My pics, 27,000 on the computer plus the ones down loaded, on 3 1/2 floppies, memory cards, and actual prints, have been sent all over America. Also to Japan, England, Switzerland,to share to remember! Ayden is looking up then back in the last pics..good places to look. Luv Grt Grnds
Post a Comment