Tuesday, October 19, 2010

In a Child's Eye...



A child's eyes, those clear, wells of undefiled thought -- what on earth can be more beautiful? Full of hope, love and curiosity, they meet your own. In prayer, how earnest; in joy, how sparkling; in sympathy, how tender!


~~Caroline Norton




When I look at a patch of dandelions, I typically see weeds. Ayden sees a wonderful grove of flowers that he can pick for Mommy and blowing white fluff to make wishes on.




When I see a dirty homeless person that smiles at me, I tend to look away. Ayden smiles back ever so tenderly.




When I hear music, I may sing but I definitely don't dance. Ayden feels the beat and moves..he just can't help himself.




When I feel wind on my face, I brace myself against it. Ayden spreads his arms and trys to fly with it.




When I say a prayer, I ask for me and others to be granted. Ayden says "Hi God! Please keep the bad dreams away as I would miss my Mommy and Daddy".




When I see a mudpuddle, I step around it. Ayden jumps in it and sees water to cross and rocks to throw.




Wouldn't it be nice to live as innocently as our child lives?

1 comment:

dorway said...

And....??

Luv Grt Grnds