Thursday, December 24, 2009

Santa's Prayer


Guess who came to visit?? Ayden's, "best buddy", Makayla..and Mrs. Julia....
The kids exchanged presents and had a ball running around and playing. Of course, the mommies sat around and enjoyed every minute of the kids excitement. They really missed each other over the past couple of months and it was great to see them happy together!!












Santa's Prayer on Christmas Eve

The sleigh was all packed, the reindeer were fed,
But Santa still knelt by the side of the bed.
"Dear Father," he prayed "Be with me tonight.
There's much work to do and my schedule is tight.
I must jump in my sleigh and streak through the sky,
Knowing full well that a reindeer can't fly.
I will visit each household before the first light;
I'll cover the world and all in one night.
With sleigh bells a-ringing, I'll land on each roof,
Amid the soft clatter of each little hoof.
To get in the house is the difficult part,
So I'll slide down the chimney of each child's heart.
My sack will hold toys to grant all their wishes.
The supply will be endless like the loaves and the fishes.
I will fill all the stockings and not leave a track.
I'll eat every cookie that is left for my snack.
I can do all these things Lord, only through You,
I just need your blessing, then it's easy to do.
All this is to honor the birth of the One,
That was sent to redeem us, Your most Holy Son.
So to all of my friends, least Your glory I rob,
Please Lord, remind them who gave me this job."

~Warren Jennings

Oh! We started baking, too! Ayden was super, super excited about making the fudge.

1 comment:

dorway said...

Old friends, a beautiful prayer, and a little boy with chocolate...

love Grt Grnds