Wednesday, September 16, 2009

My Slithery Stepping Stone

OK....yesterday I took a trip to the pond to feed the baby ducks. Ayden stayed with Chris inside the house, luckily. On the way back I stepped on a rattlesnake...

Was it a baby? Yes, I guess it was! But, guess what it was still a snake and he was over a foot long. I have absolutely no idea why he didn't bite me. I screamed and ran a marathon race back to the house.


Chris came home from work yesterday, because he had a fever and some sorta stomach bug....however, I insisted he go find the crazy little snake RIGHT NOW! He did find it and it is now living in baby snake heaven, but he was strangely aggressive with his huge fangs. It the shovel had of been alive, it would not have stood a chance.


Do you know what the problem is? Where there is a baby rattler....there is probably a momma rattler and maybe even siblings. Now I am really worried!!!


I could really do without slithery stepping stones. Any ideas?

By the way, the snake above looks NOTHING like the one that graced me with his presence!

1 comment:

dorway said...

Take Max with you....
Keep the golf cart handy!!
So glad no one was hurt!!!

Grt Grnds