Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Oops....Did you see that?




Ayden and I love to go for springtime walks, mostly consisting of a trip to the mailbox. He typically decides that the journey back to the house is a race, thus running as fast as his legs will go the rest of the way home. This is all well and good because we don't really live on a busy road (mostly because our road is our driveway) and I can see him at any given moment.

As I come up the driveway, getting ready to make the final sprint toward the house, I am blinded by the sun gleaming off something white. A paper plate Max left, perhaps? A white rock, maybe?

Just as I realize that it is the stark whiteness of my son's bare butt as he has dropped trow to pee right in the middle of the yard, not one but two cars come driving up the driveway.

Well, I did what any other mother would have done. I scooped up my half naked, pants around the ankles, peeing child and brought him to the safety of the house, smiling and waving as I went.

Once the cars are gone and pants were returned to their correct position around the waist, Ayden looks up at me eyes full of pride and reminds me,"See Mommy, I peed just like Granddaddy and Daddy showed me, like a really big boy!"

To Ayden's Grandfathers and Daddy that taught him it was all right to pee outside, Thank you so much and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. But I think he may need some more lessons so that when he has to pee it is actually IN the discretion of cover. However, I guess I should take some blame because the first week we started potty training two years ago...I was the one that blocked traffic fast by pulling over on the side of Gum Branch Road. When a toddler in training says he has to go....that means he has to go NOW! Oops!!


To the little boy (did I say little, oh…I was mistaken.)To the ten or so year old boy that is Mimi’s neighbor, please remember the next time you decide to pee in your front yard that you actually live in a subdivision. Yes, I saw the whole thing on Sunday afternoon. Way to be a role model, for your three little brothers playing along side of you!


Hmmm…now that I think about it I really wish when I was pregnant with Ayden that I could have been equipped with this power. I think that is one reason men dominate the world. Men took over while women were standing in line to pee.

1 comment:

dorway said...

I am suprised that you let all of that LEAK out!!! standby Mom, there is more!!!!!

Love y'as WE'UNs