Friday, November 21, 2008

A Day in the Life


So, I have to admit that today definitely had a rough start. Ayden’s cold feet glued to your side have a startling way of waking you. But, that was just the beginning! We then were faced with the challenge of determining what to take for show and tell today at school. I really had asked him last night, but he couldn’t make a decision…..however, the indecisiveness continued on through this morning. He ended up throwing himself down in the middle of the laundry room floor and would not budge. So, I picked him up and toted him to the car….only to realize he had shoved his arms into the center of his “sweater” (hoodie) and I could not strap him into his carseat. Much to my dismay; I am the meanest mother in the world. How dare I strap him in a safety seat, dress him warmly, and encourage participation with show and tell? OK..so, I am being a little facetious. Sometimes we have to make light of things….if we don’t laugh we just might cry.

Onto a more interesting note…..as I was changing shirts last night in the presence of Ayden I was asked a very interesting question.

Ayden --- Mommy, what is wrong with your stomach?
(side note: I am not one of the lucky ones who survived pregnancy without stretch marks.)
Me --- Those marks are from when you were a baby in my stomach…
Mommy’s belly had to stretch to make room for you.
Ayden --- (with much enthusiasm and gusto this is what I hear)
MOMMY, YOU ATE ME?

Anyone have any suggestions as to how I was supposed to answer that? I calmly told him that I did not eat him, but steered clear of giving out any details of how he actually ended up in my stomach. He sorta dropped it after I assured him two or three times that I did not eat him. I just can’t wait to run into a pregnant woman now. I already know Ayden is going to clearly let them know that they should not eat babies.










Next comes bathtime…which always consists of loads of fun. Events such as soap in the eye syndrome, wrinkly toe disease, 3 inches of water on the bathroom flooritis, and there's another one I'm sure I'm forgetting. But anyhoo...I think I've found a new way to tire Ayden out. First comes hair washing…which he despises might I add. After we spot lots of Spidermen on the ceiling trying to rinse, we move onto washing. So, last night Ayden decided he wanted to help wash himself….. I get soap for me to wash him and he gets soap to do it himself as well. He takes his soap, brushes it down his two arms and clearly says, “My work is done!”. Sometimes, I wish that is all my day of work consisted of. But, somehow that is just not how it works! Although Ayden would beg to differ, his reasoning is that the only reason we go to work is because he is going to school. We would not have to go to work if he could just stay home each day and entertain him. We all know that we have nothing else in the world to do! It is pretty amazing how their little mind’s work………..

1 comment:

dorway said...

I don't have a green thing on my shirt, nor green boots, nor a wad of bubble gum..."Thank you Lord"!!
But I also do not have all of that energy, and smiles and BIG EYES, that also smile!!

Great pics

Love Y'all Grt Grnds