Monday, October 13, 2008

Beginning




I call it beginning....but, really it is just a start to a new phase in life. I don't do well with change; especially when it pertains to Ayden. As tears stream down my face the realization of Ayden being in a new place strikes me pretty hard. The funny thing is that noone else will understand this (not even Chris), but they don't quite have the same bond that I have with my child. However, the switch of childcare was definitely needed....especially, if you know the story behind the move. That, alone, does not make it any easier for me. I have kept the phone in one hand and the tissues real close! But, the reality is Ayden loves his new school for now. We all know that will waiver on certain days, but for now his only complaint is someone pushed him. He also has a teacher that is a "big goofball" (according to him), because she was singing The Farmer in the Dell really loud on the playground when I was picking him up Monday afternoon. Oh, and he was very excited about having milkshake for snack....yummy! He did forget to tell me about the excitement at school yesterday though......a 4 year old little girl swallowed her barrette and they had to call 9-1-1. The child is fine, but I guess this is something us Mommies should keep in mind.

I received this in an email this morning and it is very fitting for me right now. There comes a point in your life when you realize: who matters, who never did, who won't anymore...and who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.


Today is gone. Today was fun.
Tomorrow is another one.
Every day,
From here to there,
Funny things are everywhere.

Dr. Seuss

1 comment:

dorway said...

Much better than needing to call
9-1-1...
Hang in there EXCELLANT Momma!!!

Love Grt Gnds