Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Who Ruined the Party?




OK...so, the day of the 29th birthday didn't turn out perfect to say the least. Tropical Storm Hanna came rolling in that day, but what is new? I have grown to expect hurricanes and such storms on my special day. It wouldn't be the same if one didn't roll in on September 5th every few years. I mean come on.....I was born during Hurricane David...why not invite more to the party? Anyways, I am getting a little to, "It's my party and I'll cry if I want to".
The lovely tropical storm that roared through here...sure brought out a lot of wildlife with it. Between Ayden dancing in the beginning rainstorms, leaping lizards, and ever abundant butterflies the chaos was nonstop. This especially takes into account that my dear little boy was petrified when the pretty little butterfly landed on his shirt. Yes, my Ayden, that is not afraid of anything was actually scared of this butterfly that you see below.

So, on to more important parties. Ayden has taken to riding his John Deere tractor all through the yard at jet speed (thanks to Granddaddy from releasing it from speed 1). He actually does quite well; the only problem being if you are standing in the yard, you are fair game. Be very prepared to run.....and I mean fast. Sayonara to the ant hills in the yard, because he really loves to destroy them. He will speed over them, come to a complete stop, look up at the lucky supervising adult, and say ---- "I sure ruined their party"! Who knew that all this time that the fireants that love to take over our yard are in these mounds partying?

1 comment:

dorway said...

Maybe the fire ants will find a new neighborhood!!!
Cute pics!!
Love y'all Grt Grnds