Monday, August 4, 2008

Zoo trip


OK....so, we have lived here how long? Forever, but this was the first trip made to the "zoo" in Jacksonville. The zoo itself is more along the lines of a petting zoo. Of course, the kids can always make it fun.....no elephants or tigers. But, if you ever feel the need to see chickens, turtles, goats, a zebra, a donkey, or anything of that nature this is the place to go. Don't forget to bring your tennis shoes or you will have very dirty feet. Both kids had feet so nasty you couldn't possibly imagine....no more crocs at the zoo. (No pun intended!) When at this zoo you should also bring along a navigation system. Poor Julia was handed a map and pointed in the direction of the paths in the woods. There are no signs or informational booths, so Julia and the kids ended up lost. Never fear, Ayden grabbed the map to try to navigate their path toward the exit. He is very much a leader even when he has no idea where he is headed.
Thanks for the fun day, Julia and Makayla!!!




Oh, and I forgot to tell you that the little boy that was pictured on my last post is my nephew Jacob. He is just starting to visit us and has already captured my heart. You all know, I am a mother at heart. I tend to borrow (swipe) other people's kids, because I love them so much. I am not sure if this a good quality or bad, but I do get attached fairly quickly. Who can resist the innocent eyes, laughter, and smiles?

1 comment:

dorway said...

As usual...2 CUTE!!!!
AND there is that girl again!!!
Everyone touched animals without
fear and running away!!?? BRAVE!!!

A day out is great!!

Love, great grands