Friday morning Ayden woke up with a spring in his step and singing. "My not going to schooolll....my going to Granddaddy and MawMawssssss...to pick up Uncle Kevan....at schooollll". He was so excited that Uncle Kevan was coming home after being gone for over a year. We had a steak dinner Friday night for his return. But, in all honesty I think he was too excited to eat.
I have figured out lately that the way a food looks and smells determines whether Ayden will try it or not. Generally if you tell him to try it he will, but I think the outcome has already been decided in his head.
Yesterday Ayden spent time helping Chris work on his boat. Mostly I think he enjoyed playing with the bamboo stick, but he did use his tools on the boat a couple of times. The most intriguing part to him were the bungee straps that hold down the boat cover. He kept telling us that they were a little grabby. Then he decided to smell them. I really don't understand why, but he did. Anyways, if you ever need to know......bungee straps "don't smell like flowers....ummm....they smell like baseballs."
1 comment:
The little one that is getting bigger all of the time. Questions and trial and error, all part of the learning curve. We miss y'all here in Dallas!!!
Love ya each one...Great Grands
Post a Comment