
“The
happiest people don’t have the best of everything, they just make the best of
everything.”There are times when "busy" isn't just used as an adjective thrown out there to seem important or to fill a void in conversation. Times when deadlines, and chores, and kids, and phone calls, and baseball, and trips to and from somewhere… all seem to stack on top of each other until I can't see where it ends. And during those times, I can rally. I stay up as late as I can, I get up early, I delegate (sometimes) and multitask... and then when the ebb of the crazy busy starts to concede to the flow of the more quiet and calm times, well, sometimes my body revolts and finds ways to make me slow down even more.
But when that reaches my child, when he coughs and cries out for relief, my entire body aches for him. Every fiber of my heart and my soul yearns to give him what he needs, to find a way to bring peace to his own heart, his own body.
I think that's when you realize what motherhood really is. When you know that if you could take and carry every burden, every care, every tear, every cough... you would. When you realize that their very breath and happiness means more to you than your own. When you strive to a better version of yourself so that you can be the woman you would want your daughter to be or your son to marry. When you make the best of everything just to see another smile, to hear another giggle.
So, make the best of everything…. is what we do.
Want
a tip on making the best with what you've got? Find a place you love, that you
can pack up the car and run to on a moment's notice. A place you can hear your
child’s giggles strum your very heartstrings.
For us, this beach is one of those places. And we ventured there this weekend!!
For us, this beach is one of those places. And we ventured there this weekend!!



1 comment:
Some of us have a bucket list.They have a bucket...simplicity...
Luv Grt Grnds
Post a Comment