The
gray sky was low, and I almost felt that if I could stretch far enough I could
touch the clouds. Though, this time, I didn't want to. They were dark and
ominous, not at all like the cotton candy skies I'd lay under and dream of
reaching. But I didn't mind. The scents of hot dogs filled the air and a giggle
would escape every time one of the kids found a new bug to play with.
Yesterday, we made those memories again.
Now that I have my own little one to make memories for, I often wonder what is left out of my childhood ones. I remember rain, yes, but did I cry about it? Probably, but I don't remember. Was I bored for half of the time I was there? Most likely, but that's not something that stuck with me... what stood out were the things that made me smile, it was the feeling of being at a special place.
Yesterday was HOT, and between the whining from exhaustion and the cries for more water, we had fun.
I know I did my job. I know I gave Ayden the opportunity to write a beautiful story he'll remember in his very own way.
Also, I don't think I'll ever hear "Take Me Out To the Ballgame" in the same way again. There's something to be said for the beautiful stories that parents write upon their memories when we experience something with our child.
1 comment:
In each of the pics Ayden is concentrating or had that wonderful smile..others were goofing off, not concentrating. River Road water tower, ball diamond below..kids were trying out for Little League, running around..oh that was 1957. Memories..we continually make them, esp with our little ones, make them good ones. Ayden is a good looking young boy..getting ready to face the world. "Batter UP"!
Luv Grt Grnds
Post a Comment