






Excuse me while I have a moment.
Or two.
Or three.
My child is 7 years old today.
That means he is closer to being a teenager than he is an infant.
That means he is closer to being an adult
.......which means he will be moving out
......dating
......getting married
......and having children.
That means I am old.
And so, so sad at time, and how it seems to go so fast.
I am having a very hard time with this.
I remember the moment I found out he was created
......the moment I felt him kick.
......the moment I saw him for the first time.
......When he screamed for 3 hours straight and we thought about sending him back.
I remember his chubby little legs and very fat feet.
I remember his big, bright eyes.
His thick hair.
His first freckle.
I remember when he said “hold you” and “many, many, many more”.
His first day of daycare.
School.
Swimming.
Baseball.
I remember when he was obsessed with Spiderman.
And Tom and Jerry.
And Transformers.
I am having a very hard time with this.
My boy is 7 today.
The boy who made all my dreams come true.
The boy who created the life that I was meant to live.
He has my heart.
No matter how old he is.
Even when he is a teenager, adult, married with kids and a grandparent.
My heart is his.
Happy Birthday Ayden Allen!
Mommy and Daddy love you to the moon and back!
xo
1 comment:
Seven..a Biblical number! Ayden is not biblical nor is he magical
...but he surely seems to be. little man, you are loved and admired by all that know you.
Happy Birthday..keep growing and stay strong and not just in muscles.
we love all three of you..family
Grt Grnds
Post a Comment