Thursday, September 2, 2010

Anyone got a bottle?

When I became a mommy I had an epiphany. A moment where I realized that being a mommy was what I was supposed to do on this planet. Not that being a mommy isn't difficult to me...it IS. The transition from none to one was hard. But, I look at Ayden and his smiles and the pureness of his emotions and I experience love on a level I didn't know existed before him.

I know he is going to change. He is going to grow up and he's not going to insist to sit on my lap anymore. I'm going to beg my sixteen year old boy to come snuggle up with mommy and he's going to laugh at me and flip on his MP3 player. I'm going to attempt to excite my eighteen year old son with a trip to Target and a promise to let him pick out ANYTHING he wants in the dollar section and he's going to roll his eyes and ask for money to go to the movies with his friends.

I want to bottle him up. It's why I'm so obsessive about picture taking. I know better. He's not going to stay this little forever. If I take a thousand pictures every month, will it be possible to remember them just exactly as they are? Can I capture every inch of him? Will the pictures do him justice?

With that being said, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to show you Ayden's new favorite thing to do.....

1 comment:

dorway said...

Tiny bubbles..water is fun...full of mystic, wonder, danger, and lots of fun. More age + more water = more fun...MARCO.....

Love Grt Grnds