Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Little Sentimental


My dearest Ayden,


I find myself particularly sentimental these days. I feel as if my heart may burst at the seams with adoration, each and every time a thought of you drifts through my mind.


I find myself desperately trying to hold onto these special times. So many parents are in a hurry to rush their children through the stages, "done with diapers, baby food, etc.". Not I, and from your history, I see not you particularly either. You always take your own SWEET time in doing things, and I appreciate that in you (most of the time). I cherish how you are your own person and rarely allow others to force you into something you are not ready for. It is my hopes that you keep that attitude as you grow.


There are so many days I long for a "pause button", so that I might capture you at this special stage....and I would give the world to have this AYDEN forever.


You are incredible just the way you are. You are thoughtful, caring, and genuine. You are perceptive and amazingly brilliant. It is music to your mommy's ears to hear from others that everyone loves Ayden....and to see it on their faces is a portrayal of that love.


You are slow to warm up, but once you get started there is no stopping you. You have already honed in your skills of physical comedy and I am pretty sure that you will end up as the class clown. You know exactly how to get the smiles to erupt from everyone you meet.


You constantly amaze me with your generous spirit and your ability to share whatever you have with whomever is in need.


There are so many things that tie my heart up in knots and make me feel so lucky to be here with you. From the way you call Beulaville..."Wholaville"..to the way you announce that you are "a superhero, for really...Mommy."


May you always wish to marry me when you grow up, insist on lots of snuggles, and lovingly invite me to sleep all night with you. I cherish all your inside jokes and can hear your giggles and belly laughs everytime I close my eyes. You love to tell me something silly and then tell me, "I'm just kidding, Mommy!" Life is fun around you.


I may be biased. but I think you are as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside. You glow with happiness and your eyes melt my very being.


I am beyond honored to be given the extreme pleasure of being your protector, confidante, cheering section, guide...your loving mother. It is my goal in this life to raise you in a home that honors you for being who you are, gives you the opportunities to be who you want to become, and has the strength to let you fly.


There are days when the thought of you growing up and going off on your own is enough to bring me to my knees in tears. The other day you promised, "I will take you with me...Mommy, wherever I go".


I HOPE YOU GO FAR!


You have my heart, baby boy, and as you would say, "I love you more than all the dinosaurs, the monsters, the ghosts, the giants, and the bugs in the world....stacked on top of each other!"


Now that is quite a lot!

1 comment:

dorway said...

Sweet...!!!

Just about sums up how we feel about you....

We do love you Grt Grnds