Thursday, January 21, 2010

To be remembered....




Before having a child, I had every intention to be the best mom ever.

Patient.
All of the time.

Loving.
All of the time.

Calm.
All of the time.

Happy.
All of the time.

Nice.
All of the time.
Fun.
All of the time.
You know.
The kind of mom that doesn’t really exist.
Now almost 5 years later I am realizing that I am not the best Mom in the world.
No where close.
Man.
I do not want my child to remember his Mom as a big meanie.
As the one who is always grumpy and moody.
So what if I am.
I should be able to hide it.
I want his memories of his childhood to be full of smiles and happy moments.
I want him to think that his Mom was the best mommy in the universe.
I want him to remember mommy as cheerful and fun.
I sometimes think about how I want to be remembered when I am no longer on this Earth.
I vow to live my life so that when I am gone,
my loved ones remember the good qualities of Momma.
Not the Momma who spent her life cleaning, frustrated and angry all of the time.


Now if I could just remember that in my daily life.
How do you want to be remembered?

Oh and by the way.......Happy 50th Birthday Daddy...Granddaddy, etc! We love you!

1 comment:

dorway said...

Alittle boy, duct tape and his Daddy

Love Grt Grnds