Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A New Year -- 2010










Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in, forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day, you shall begin it well and serenely...


~Ralph Waldo Emerson





Every year about this time, I like to reflect on the past year and remember all the wonderful reasons I have to be thankful. I reflect on the fondest memories and look back over the toughest parts, and 2009 was (no doubt) a tough year. I felt like we were constantly in high gear trying to accomplish everything we could! Our family definitely had it's share of ups and downs while riding the roller coaster of life. The year certainly brought us closer together (and I'm grateful for the strength that it's brought us), showed our true love for each other, and taught us the value of life. The difficulties of the year brought with it opportunities to grow, made me thankful for the peace I'm learning to walk in, and made time for celebration much more cherished.

We're looking at 2010 as an opportunity to challenge ourselves in many ways by creating new, positive habits and I'm focused on this year beginning happy and healthy in serenity. Each day is a fresh start!

1 comment:

dorway said...

A truck, a marshmellow, a cute smile...a loving mother...what else is there?

HAPPY NEW YEAR..Love Grt GRnds