Thursday, December 10, 2009

You're a Mean One....

Inside a snowflake like the one on your sleeve, there happened a story you must see to believe...



Ayden really loves The Grinch movie. It is so funny to hear him laugh and laugh and laugh.



The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - on such short notice!
Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn't allow it.
4:00, wallow in self pity;
4:30, stare into the abyss;
5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one;
5:30, jazzercize;
6:30, dinner with me - I can't cancel that again;
7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing... I'm booked.

Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9, I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear?

One man's toxic sludge is another man's potpourri.

I'm glad the Grinch took our presents. You can't hurt Christmas, Mr. Mayor, beacuse it isn't about the... the gifts or the contest or the fancy lights. That's what Cindy's been trying to tell everyone... and me. I don't need anything more for Christmas than this right here: my family.

No comments: