Sunday, December 6, 2009

No Reservations

















A boy!!! My boy!! He was beautiful and perfect and I was instantly in love. I survived my difficult moment. And I survived the next few difficult moments when I felt like throwing up. And the moments after that when he ate around the clock. And the moments after that when he kept me up all night long.

I've survived all the moments of him curled into the crook of my arm. I've survived every wet and slobbery kiss he has attacked me with. I have survived his adoring stare. I have survived his funny baby run. I have survived his easy laugh and silly grin. I have survived his pouty lips and his angry stomp. And I have survived every crazy little boy moment he has thrown at me thus far.

He's my little boy and I'll happily endure any difficult moment he brings to my table just to call him mine. Although I must say he makes it pretty easy to "survive" by being so dang sweet and lovable. He is such a precious person and watching him reminds me what it means to love like a child loves, with no reservation.











No comments: