The best things in life are the nearest: Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you.
~~Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.
~Robert Louis Stevenson
~Robert Louis Stevenson
Sometimes the sweetest things are the simplest. We are definitely goal setters and dreamers, but we also try and take the time to enjoy the smallest of moments.
Moments like when we've been out all day, way past nap time and my sweet little angel of a son starts having a small breakdown in the car on the way home. I remind him that he's not to throw a fit or he'll have the consequences for it.
In his tired state of mind, he cries, "I don't want the consequences, but I do want to throw a fit."
He ended up making a good choice, and I'm glad he did. I've also definitely felt those moments before, those moments where I'd just like to throw a fit.
The whole scenario just made me laugh.
So, remember to enjoy the good, the bad, the fussy, the happy, the tired, the energetic... all the moments life brings.
1 comment:
What are they fixin? He looks interested and happy!!!!
love to y'as Grt Gnds
/
Post a Comment