A warning before you view the following picture.
You may feel sorry for this child.
You may want to hug him and hold him tight and tell him everything is going to be ok.
You may want to kiss his boo-boo and love him up until he feels better.
You may wonder what on earth happened to him to make him so upset.
You also may wonder why on earth his terrific Mommy snapped pictures while he was "hurting".
No, he did not break his arm.
Or his toe.
Or even his fingernail.
He did not lose his best friend or get his feelings hurt by someone (this time).
He wasn't over tired, over stimulated or over anxious.
This incident was caused by not being able to peddle the bicycle hard or fast enough to his likings.
However, we are now at a change of season so we are truly seeing this expression more often. "I don't like dhese pants, they're not soft. I don't like dhese socks, they have a knot in them. I don't want dhese pants, dhey fall off".
Therein lyes the reason for my son's most recent meltdowns. (By the way, I am on a search for seamless socks, super soft pants that fit a 17" waist, but are the length to fit a typical four or five-year-old, and shirts that don't press on newly acquired flu shot locations. Any ideas? I may have to resort to a sewing machine. Hmmm...wait; how do you work one of those?)
It's tough being a kid!
1 comment:
Crys for attention, help,love,
growth that dosen't happen fast enough....patience "GrassHopper"
with feeling Grt Grnds
Post a Comment