I had good intentions before birthing my child, but now I am learning how difficult it really is.
My child has proven that calm discussions do not always work.
He has shown me that I cannot use the television as a babysitter – even if I am only trying to cook dinner.
He has let me know that healthy food is horrible and dessert should always come first.
He requires work and patience. Who would have thought that parenting was more than smiles and cuddle time?
I have learned something that works.
Something I always thought was silly and promised myself I would never do.
There goes life kicking me in the butt again. For the gazillionth time.
6 words.
"Wait until your daddy gets home."
Or I change it up a bit just to scare him.
"Your daddy will be hearing about this."
"I am going to call Daddy at work to let him know about this."
"If you don't stop I will be calling your daddy."
I am not ashamed to admit that I do this on a semi-regular basis.
What I am ashamed to admit is that my husband has so much "power" over my child that he actually scares him into behaving when it is me that is around countless hours a day, 7 days a week.
I carried this child for 9 months.
I went through a lot of pain to bring him into this world.
I stayed up all night long for months and months and months providing food and comfort and snuggle time.
I have cleaned his mess thousands of times.
I am here for every moment...good and bad.
And I get little respect.
So until I do, I will resort to using the word "daddy" while disciplining my kid.
One day I will get the ounce of respect I deserve.
One day my child will appreciate all I have done for him.
I hope.
Or maybe he will just be terrified of his daddy.
---OOPS...gotta run! Ayden just jumped off the bed and broked his heart. "No, really Mommy...I think I broked my heart!" Off to kiss another imaginary boo-boo....boy, I really do LOVE being a mommy! Daddy sure can't replace Mommy in these situations.... That's right, Daddy, you may have the fear, but I can make everything all better!
1 comment:
Uh..Oh !!!
When the children move away, then they respect..."MOM if I had only known".
Too late for the past, just in time for the future.
With our respect and love..Grt Grnds
Post a Comment