Thursday, January 29, 2009

Acronym mania


Recently, I have come face to face with the idea that our kids today are growing up with technology that we may just be getting accustomed to ourselves. Ayden loves the computer! He is great with the mouse and I decided that if he continues trying to play chess on the computer then he may just well teach himself the process (even though I personally have no idea how to play). One of the strange things about our new technology is that many of them are represented by acronyms. Ayden was recently introduced to his Spiderman MP3 player and Chris’ GPS. These letter/number combinations have a tendency to get mixed up in Ayden’s little mind. I commonly hear, “Mommy, where is my GP3?”.

Onto bigger items we see on a daily basis. Ayden is always on the lookout for the “PTS truck”. Yes, you guessed right, that is the UPS truck. A day never passes that he doesn’t watch out for that big brown truck.


Maybe it would be wise to start naming these items with names without acronyms just for the sanity of our preschoolers. I mean really, you can only correct them so many times until they get discouraged.

1 comment:

dorway said...

To my students, I tell the that the ASCB is pwrd by the VSCF unless the PMS/ATC is VALID.
Standby Ayden, the TPS will be usefull someday!! Sorry.

Love y'all Grt Grnds