Sunday, May 11, 2008

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY



We would like to wish all of you devoted readers a Happy Mother's Day! I got a very pretty necklace with a mom and child.....lots of cards.....and even a big cookie with icing.

I guess it has been pretty uneventful this week, baring the usual (excluding Jana and Josh's engagement and hospital stays for Kevan). Nothing really new other than Ayden repeating over and over "Hickory Dickory Dock" and "Humpty Dumpty". Nursery rhymes have become fun for him and he is definitely a fast learner. Oh, I did get two accident reports from daycare this week. One for a busted lip and one for a bumped head.... Nothing unusual in the getting hurt portion.....I think that is a daily occurance.

I need ideas on bedtimes --- Ayden thinks if the "sun is not asleep" he doesn't need to be either. It really is becoming a nightly battle....and then makes for rough mornings as he is too sleepy to get ready for school. Needless to say on weekends if the sun is up, so are we! Anyways, with lots of "dirty" clouds around this morning....we are stuck inside for awhile. We are off to a game of CandyLand.

Hope each of you have a special, blessed day!

1 comment:

~Beth D. said...

I happened upon your blog. we have the same problem with our three year old about the sun being up at bedtime. we talk to him about how sad he is and that sleep will make him feel better. he's getting better at excepting that, though it has been a battle too!~